Insurance Disputes
Personal Injury
Wrongful Death
Job-Related Injuries
Social Security Disability
Product Liability
Hip Implant Defects
Mass Torts
Securities Fraud

What to do if you are in a car accident

I was in a car wreck, what do I do?

-Regardless of how the wreck happened, be polite and
exchange contact information with the other party.

-Immediately contact the police and, if necessary, tell
them you need an ambulance.

-If possible, leave the vehicles where they were when the
wreck happened.

-If you don't feel any pain or discomfort at the time of the
wreck, get yourself to a medical professional as soon as
you can.

-Contact our highly trained legal experts and let us work
for you as soon as possible.

Remember: the person at fault's insurance company is looking
out for him or her not you!

How do I protect myself and my rights before I am in a car wreck?

-One of the most important aspects of protecting yourself
and your rights before a car wreck is to make sure you have
adequate car insurance.

-Most people do not realize that their medical bills must
be paid out of any settlement they receive.

-"Medical Payments" insurance, or "med-pay", is
insurance that you can get on your car which will pay those
medical bills, up to the policy limits. For instance, if you
incur $1,000.00 in medical bills for treatment of your
accident-related injuries and have $1,000.00 in "med-pay"
coverage, the "med-pay" coverage will pay those medical
bills. Therefore, your gross settlement from the person at
fault will not be reduced by paying those bills with the
settlement proceeds because they will have already been
paid the "med-pay" coverage.

Another type of insurance which Garrett Law Office, P.C.
recommends is Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage.
Uninsured Motorist coverage (UM) is insurance that you place on
your vehicle which will protect you, up to the policy limits, in case
you get into a wreck and the person at fault has no insurance.

Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM) will protect you, up to
the policy limits, in case you get in a wreck and the person at
fault has insurance, but does not have enough insurance coverage
to fully compensate you. For instance, if you are in a car wreck
and the person at fault has the State-required minimum of
$10,000.00 liability coverage, but you have $12,000.00 in medical
bills, your UIM coverage can come in and help fully compensate
you for your injuries.

While this all sounds fairly easy to understand, there are a vast
array of problems, which can arise when dealing with your own
insurance company and the insurance company of the person at
fault. For this reason, we recommend you immediately contact
one of our highly trained legal experts to make sure your rights
are protected.

User Login
Review Your Case
Contact Information

Name :

Email :


Describe your case: