Oklahoma Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
Sadly, each year thousands of elderly suffer from abuse or neglect in nursing homes around the U.S.
An alarming statistic is that one out of every three nursing homes is reported for abuse or neglect.
Typically, most nursing home employees and administrators do adhere to strict governmental and Oklahoma state safety standards for their residents' safety. Unfortunately, some unethical employees are guilty of abuse, patient injury, and neglect.
Contact us today if you or a loved one has been injured or killed as a result of nursing home abuse by using the form on your left or by calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 664-0400 for a FREE case review.
In nursing homes several factors have been shown to contribute to the abuse or neglect of residents, including:
- Poorly trained and qualified staff
- Staff with a history of violence
- Inadequate numbers of staff
- Patient isolation
- Reluctance of residents to report abuse
Nursing Home Abuse in Oklahoma
In most cases we can no longer care for our elderly loved ones and instead entrust a nursing home to provide the best care to them. Unfortunately, some nursing homes cause patients serious physical injury and emotional harm. Some of the early warning signs of nursing home abuse are described below. If you witness any of these warning signs please contact Garrett Law Office for a free consultation.
- Bedsores or frozen joints
- Unexplained cuts, bruises, burns, fractures, or sprains in various stages of healing
- Unexplained sexually transmitted disease or genital infections
- Torn, stained, or bloody clothing
- Loss of resident's possessions
- Sudden change in behavior
- Depression, mood swings, or anxiety
- Staff not allowing resident to be alone with a visitor
- Use of physical or chemical restraints
- Large withdrawals from bank accounts
- Abrupt changes in a will or other financial documents
Nursing Home Neglect in Oklahoma
Failing to provide adequate care and attention to nursing home patients is serious neglect. By not providing a safe environment, medication, food and water, and hygienic care the nursing home may be putting your loved ones' life at risk. Some of the early warning signs of nursing home neglect are described below. If you witness any of these signs please contact Garrett Law Office for a free consultation.
- Dirty living quarters
- Rapid weight loss or gain
- Poor personal hygiene
- Failure of staff to report health changes
- Frequent illness
- Bed pressure sores
We can handle your potential legal case if you are in any of these Oklahoma cities. Even if your city is not listed you may still speak with one of our Oklahoma nursing home abuse attorneys by filling out our contact form or calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 664-0400.
Ada, Afton, Altus, Alva, Anadarko, Ardmore, Atoka, Bartlesville, Blackwell, Broken Arrow, Catoosa, Chandler, Checotah, Chickasha, Claremore, Clinton, Del City, Duncan, Durant, Edmond, El Reno, Elk City, Enid, Erick, Frederick, Glenpool, Grove, Guthrie, Guymon, Henryetta, Idabel, Lawton, Locust Grove, Mcalester, Miami, Midwest City, Moore, Muskogee, Norman, Oklahoma City, Okmulgee, Owasso, Pauls Valley, Perry, Ponca City, Poteau, Pryor, Roland, Sallisaw, Sand Springs, Savanna, Shawnee, Stillwater, Stilwell, Stroud, Tahlequah, Tulsa, Vinita, Wagoner, Weatherford, Woodward, Yukon
Copyright © 2006 Garrett Law Office, P.C.
111 W 5th Street | Tulsa, OK 74145
Phone: 918-622-9292 | Fax: 918-549-6794