Oklahoma Construction Accidents
Whether on a major Oklahoma commercial development project or small project for an individual homeowner, construction workers must deal with some of the most dangerous working environments of any industry. As a result, construction sites pose many dangers to workers and others in the area. Regulations, inspection, specification, and job safety programs all seek to prevent construction site accidents and promote safety.
Despite these efforts accidents occur and will continue to occur, due to both a variety of hazards faced by construction workers and the nature of the work. When someone causes a preventable construction accident through negligence, he or she may be liable for the victim's injuries.
Contact us today if you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a construction accident by using the form on your left or by calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 664-0400 for a FREE case review.
Workers most often lift heavy objects, operate heavy equipment and machinery, and perform difficult duties at elevated heights. When construction accidents occur, many parties involved may be responsible for your injuries including but not limited to:
- Supervisors - are responsible for enforcing safety measures at a construction site
- Construction companies - are required by law to inspect each work site to ensure worker safety
- Contractors/subcontractors - must provide a reasonably safe work environment as well as warn workers of workplace hazards
- Employers - must properly train their construction worker employees
- Equipment manufacturers - have a responsibility to design and maintain safe products intended for use at the worksite (also see product liability)
The types of construction site accidents include but, are not limited to:
- Crane accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Defective equipment and machines
- Scaffold and ladder accidents
- Falls from unstable working surfaces
- Welding and cutting accidents
- Highway work zone accidents
- Collapse of walls, ceilings, materials, and other structures
- Hoist accidents
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a construction accident, the first step is to contact a skilled personal injury attorney. Issues in your potential case, including compliance with occupational safety standards and regulations, liability and indemnity determinations, and engineering issues, all require that your claim be handled by an attorney who is experienced in the area of construction accident liability.
We can handle your potential legal case if you are in any of these Oklahoma cities. Even if your city is not listed you may still speak with one of our Oklahoma construction accident attorneys by filling out our contact form or calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 664-0400.
Ada, Afton, Altus, Alva, Anadarko, Ardmore, Atoka, Bartlesville, Blackwell, Broken Arrow, Catoosa, Chandler, Checotah, Chickasha, Claremore, Clinton, Del City, Duncan, Durant, Edmond, El Reno, Elk City, Enid, Erick, Frederick, Glenpool, Grove, Guthrie, Guymon, Henryetta, Idabel, Lawton, Locust Grove, Mcalester, Miami, Midwest City, Moore, Muskogee, Norman, Oklahoma City, Okmulgee, Owasso, Pauls Valley, Perry, Ponca City, Poteau, Pryor, Roland, Sallisaw, Sand Springs, Savanna, Shawnee, Stillwater, Stilwell, Stroud, Tahlequah, Tulsa, Vinita, Wagoner, Weatherford, Woodward, Yukon
Copyright © 2006 Garrett Law Office, P.C.
111 W 5th Street | Tulsa, OK 74145
Phone: 918-622-9292 | Fax: 918-549-6794