Oklahoma Truck Accidents
Many people think of truck accidents as simply much larger auto accidents. This maybe true to except that not only are the vehicles different, but the laws governing trucks involved in interstate commerce are quite specific. Many Oklahoma laws and regulations are uniquely designed to protect motorists from the negligence of the truck companies.
One out of every nine traffic fatalities involves a trucking accident.
Commercial trucking presents dangers that the drivers of passenger cars may never face. Although truckers make every effort to be safe in their operations, there are various things that make commercial trucking hazardous. Some of the more common causes of trucking accidents in Oklahoma are listed below. If you are injured in a commercial trucking accident, you need to consult an Oklahoma attorney with experience in handling truck accident cases.
Contact us today if you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a truck accident by using the form on your left or by calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 664-0400 for a FREE case review.
The most common causes for fatal truck accidents in Oklahoma are:
- Oversized trucks
- Inexperience of the truck drive
- Driving the truck in bad weather
- Lack of training
- Aggressive driving behavior
- Overloaded trucks
- Poorly maintained truck brakes
- Poor driving conditions do to low visibility from rain, fog, snow, or smoke
- Fatigued, sleepy or tired driver
- Driving too long and too many hours without rest
- Driving over the legal speed limit
- Running off the road
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Driving to fast for the road conditions and traffic
- Truck drivers driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Unsafe safety systems, reflectors, lights, and other warning devices
- Failure of truck to install an under-ride protection under-guard
We can handle your potential legal case if you are in any of these states or cities. Even if your city is not listed you may still speak with one of our truck accident attorneys by filling out our contact form or calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 664-0400.
Copyright © 2006 Garrett Law Office, P.C.
111 W 5th Street | Tulsa, OK 74145
Phone: 918-622-9292 | Fax: 918-549-6794