Oklahoma Truck Accident Facts
The following are national statistics regarding semi truck accidents:
- In the U.S. in 2001, 429,000 semi trucks were involved in accidents.
- A recent study showed that 64% of fatal semi truck accidents had one trailer.
- Semi truck accidents every 16 minutes cause severe personal injuries or death.
- In the U.S. in 2003, there were 4,669 fatal semi truck accidents.
- Semi trucks are more likely to be involved in a fatal multi-vehicle accident than are passenger vehicles.
- Many fatal semi truck accidents occur in rural areas during the daytime and on weekdays.
- From 1992 to 2002, the number of semi trucks involved in fatal accident has increased by up to 10% due to driver fatigue, unsafe vehicle operation, unstable loads, or defective equipment.
- Trucking revenues totaled $610 billion in 2005.
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reports that in crashes involving tractor trailers, 98% of the deaths occur to the people in passenger vehicles.
Contact us today if you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a truck accident by using the form on your left or by calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 664-0400 for a FREE case review.
We can handle your potential legal case if you are in any of these states or cities. Even if your city is not listed you may still speak with one of our truck accident attorneys by filling out our contact form or calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 664-0400.
Oklahoma City Truck Accident Attorneys, Tulsa Truck Accident Attorneys, Texas Truck Accident Attorneys, Dallas Truck Accident Attorneys, Tennessee Truck Accident Attorneys
Copyright © 2006 Garrett Law Office, P.C.
111 W 5th Street | Tulsa, OK 74145
Phone: 918-622-9292 | Fax: 918-549-6794