Aviation Accident Laws
The following list of information briefly describes some of the laws that protect Oklahoma aviation accident victims' and their families' rights:
- The Federal Aviation Act and Regulations − set minimum safety standards for flight operations, pilot conduct, and aircraft manufacture.
- The Federal Tort Claims Act − controls cases brought against the federal government for the negligence of air traffic controllers and others.
- State and federal choice of law rules that dictate applicable law − an example is product liability, which establishes the responsibility of manufacturers to build safe aircraft and components.
- International treaties and associated agreements − govern the liability of airlines for international flights.
- The Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act − governs suits against foreign governments, including many foreign airlines and manufacturers.
The Aviation Disaster Family Assistance Act
After a crash, this law requires that everyone involved (including manufactures, airlines, etc.) must treat families of victims with great care and respect. The laws main points are as follows:
- Family members should be given time to notify relatives and close friends before the names of passengers are made public.
- Airlines must make hotel rooms and food available for victim's immediate family members.
- Airlines must offer crisis counseling to immediate family members.
- Airlines must provide transportation to and from the crash site.
- Airlines must help family members retrieve dental records and X-rays to identify the victims.
- Airlines should consult family members about a memorial for all accident victims.
We can handle your potential legal case if you are in any of these Oklahoma cities. Even if your city is not listed you may still speak with one of our Oklahoma aviation accident attorneys by filling out our contact form or calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 664-0400.
Ada, Afton, Altus, Alva, Anadarko, Ardmore, Atoka, Bartlesville, Blackwell, Broken Arrow, Catoosa, Chandler, Checotah, Chickasha, Claremore, Clinton, Del City, Duncan, Durant, Edmond, El Reno, Elk City, Enid, Erick, Frederick, Glenpool, Grove, Guthrie, Guymon, Henryetta, Idabel, Lawton, Locust Grove, Mcalester, Miami, Midwest City, Moore, Muskogee, Norman, Oklahoma City, Okmulgee, Owasso, Pauls Valley, Perry, Ponca City, Poteau, Pryor, Roland, Sallisaw, Sand Springs, Savanna, Shawnee, Stillwater, Stilwell, Stroud, Tahlequah, Tulsa, Vinita, Wagoner, Weatherford, Woodward, Yukon
Copyright © 2006 Garrett Law Office, P.C.
111 W 5th Street | Tulsa, OK 74145
Phone: 918-622-9292 | Fax: 918-549-6794